Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I planted today . . .

Phew, it's hot. I just put in the rest of the tomatoes--I bought a 6-pack of romas (which I planted yesterday) and a 6-pack of sun gold cherries (today). I also planted 3 parsley plants, 6 hot pepper seedlings, a row of radishes, and more kale and chard. I wish I could remember the date I put in the first of the kale and chard, but I'd say around 2 weeks ago. I think the chard is getting eaten by critters (either that or I haven't watered them enough, sigh.) I also planted nasturtiums and marigolds.

Last night I picked up a bag of mesclun mix from Mainstone Farm in Wayland, so for dinner we had a big salad with avocado, radishes, carrots, chickpeas and olives, in a balsamic vinaigrette. Oh, and croutons that I tossed with olive oil and Penzey's "sandwich seasoning." Altogether a very satisfying meal.

3 comments:

S. said...

I just picked up a sungold plant on Saturday! But I'm waiting til tomorrow, when the heat is supposed to break here, to plant it. They're lovely, though, aren't they?

Tall Kate said...

They're a favorite with my kids--so pretty, so fun to pick, and very sweet.

Unknown said...

I live vicariously through you and your garden, since I can't garden right now where we live. We did buy a few potted plants, but it seems we live too high up (fourth floor) for any of them to do well.